It must be that time again, there’s a new version of Kolakube’s flagship Thesis skin, Marketers Delight, out again.
I’m usually a pretty modest guy, but I can’t contain myself here:
This is an update for the ages and easily secures Marketers Delight as the most powerful Thesis skin on the market.
This is a (literally) bold statement, but I truly believe that with all that Marketers Delight 2.2 offers, you’re not going to find another skin on the market that can really compare.
Let’s see what’s new. 😀
1. New Streamlined Page Lead System
If you’re familiar with Marketers Delight and the Page Lead system, then you know a Page Lead essentially acts as a “feature box on steroids.” You’ll find plenty and plenty of tutorials around the web that teach you how to create a feature box… but they all require some fairly tricky code.
And that’s why Page Leads are so powerful. You can create absolutely gorgeous feature boxes without touching any nasty code. And the best part is, you can create content in your Page Lead just like you would in a regular post. So, it’s all very familiar to you.
Marketers Delight 2.2 comes with 6 built-in Page Leads:
- Feature Box Lead (with 2 color schemes: dark and red)
- Standard Box Lead
- Full-Width Lead
- 3 Column Lead
- Table Lead (dark) (light)
- Orb Lead
And the new way of using Page Leads have gotten easier. Rather than changing the entire Page Template to use a Lead, I’ve come up with something a lot simpler.
You can see how the new Page Lead system works in the demo video below.
2. New Design Options
This has been an option many people have been dying for. In 2.2, you now have the control to:
- Change the background pattern
- Change the color of the main menu bar
- And other, minor settings
I created the design options page with a few options for now, but have big plans for this page in the future. So, stay tuned. 😀
3. Better Support And Documentation
I am used to waiting days or even weeks for answers about other themes I have used. I really appreciate the fast response. I’m so happy to have found this theme and the quick support makes it even better.
The truth is, Marketers Delight is nothing without support or documentation. That’s why we take it so seriously around here, and yes, I say “we” because of a fantastic addition to the Kolakube team.
If you’ve been around the support forum, you’ve probably seen this big shiny head around. That’s because Sean Davis has been monitoring the support forum with me to help Kolakube customers get their skins the way they want them to look.
He goes out of his way to help out, and really adds a new level of greatness to the support community here on Kolakube. So if he’s helped you recently, be sure to send him a big “thank you” on Twitter!
Having said that, we’ve added a bunch of new tutorials to the docs to help make your Marketers Delight experience a whole lot better:
- How to Properly Customize Marketers Delight
- The Ultimate Guide to Customizing Page Leads
- How to Upgrade to MD2.2
- How to Use Page Leads in Marketers Delight 2.2
- How to add a Custom Message After Your xth Post
- How to Disable Share Buttons on Individual Posts And Pages
The two bold articles are probably the most useful. They’ll teach you the right ways to customize Marketers Delight, as well as provide some tutorials for enhancing your Page Leads.
4. Other Improvements
A lot has been changed, added and removed from Marketers Delight 2.2. Here is the full list of changes:
- Refined Page Lead system
- Design options panel
- New widget: affiliate links widget
- Can now add post footer message after “xth” post on homepage
- Disable share buttons on individual posts and pages
- Add custom share codes via Marketers Delight options panel
- Simplified CSS, making it easier to override default MD styles
- Replaced old button system with the DIYbutton set
- Can now use feature box on every page you want
- “Ribbon Lead” and “Feature Box” merged as alternate color scheme options
- Contact page template removed
- Non-English language friendlier
- Better feature box/Page lead styling
- Admin options, Page Lead controls simplified with fewer input boxes
- Fixed search bar “break out” bug
5. Watch the “What’s New” Video!
Now, I’m not a video guy (if you watch, you’ll probably figure that out). But I thought I’d shoot a quick video showing off what’s new in 2.2.
This video shows:
- New design options panel
- New post options
- New feature box options
- New affiliate widget
- How the new Page Lead system works
- Why Alex shouldn’t make videos
Haven’t Bought Marketers Delight Yet?
Marketers Delight is one of the hottest Thesis skins around right now. There’s a lot it has to offer your business, and this post doesn’t even cover them all.
Already A Customer? Login For Free Updates
Share Your Thoughts
Marketers Delight 2.2 is a huge, huge release. After reading this post, please spare a minute or two to leave a comment and let us know your experience with Marketers Delight, and of course post any questions too.
Also, be sure to subscribe to the Kolakube newsletter below to be the first to hear about Marketers Delight, new skins and more.